This low protein pasty recipe is perfect for packed lunches and light dinners with a side salad. These Vegetable Pasties are exchange free and ideal for those on a low protein diet.
1. Rub the Fate low protein all-purpose mix and the margarine together in a mixing bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add the mixed herbs and salt and pepper to season.
3. Add the water and stir until combined.
4. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Dust a clean work surface with Fate low protein all-purpose mix and knead the pastry for a minute on the work surface until smooth.
6. Roll the pastry out with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1cm and cut the pastry into 15cm diameter circles.
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the vegetables, garlic puree, tomato puree and fresh basil and cook for 10 minutes until they are soft.
2. Once soft, set aside for 10 minutes to allow to cool.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°fan/gas mark 6.
4. Place the cooled filling onto the right-hand side of the pastry circle.
5. Fold over the other side and pinch the pastry closed.
6. Place on a baking tray, brush with ProZero and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Perfect in lunch boxes for school, university or work.
ProZero and Fate low protein all-purpose mix are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.