- Sift all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Place the baking mix, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, and sugars into a food processor and blitz
for 30 seconds, until butter is evenly distributed
and mix resembles sand. Alternatively, place the
ingredients into bowl. Using fingertips rub butter
into mixture until evenly incorporated and mixture
- Place pancake mix into medium sized bowl. Whisk
together rice milk and lemon juice. Add to mix,
stirring gently until combined.
- Heat griddle over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
When griddle is at the correct temperature,
a drop of water will sizzle, then brush with oil.
- Ladle a third of the batter onto griddle. Cook for 2 minutes, flip pancake and cook for a further 2 minutes until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Always check the protein content on labels as ingredients can change.
*With thanks to Brenda Winiarski: www.cookforlove.org
Nutritional figures provided by: www.howmuchphe.org
accessed April 2016