- To make the chilli, cook the onion, pepper, chilli, celery and garlic over a gentle heat until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 – 8 mins, spoon in the tomato puree and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, spices, cocoa and stock then bring to the boil, cook for a final 20 mins.
- Finally add the aubergines and season.
- To make the ‘nachos’, gently place the thinly cut sweet potato in the oil at 180°c and deep fry for 3 minutes, or until nachos begin to brown.
- Remove using a perforated draining spoon and place on paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Toss in salt and paprika.
- To make the guacamole, mix the onion, chilli, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Place the avocados in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over the chopped avocados, then mix well with the rest of the guacamole ingredients and season to taste.
- To serve, sit the ‘nachos’ in a large bowl, spoon over the chilli and top with the guacamole. Sprinkle with coriander to finish.
5g cocoa powder= 1 exchange.
Always check the protein content on labels as ingredients lists can change. Use the NSPKU foods list to check permitted foods.